Sunday, August 4, 2013

Images of Uganda


Mass in the village, people wait for hours and it is a huge party. They process about 2 miles from where we leave the car and the church, singing into a shoulder-style P.A. system the whole way.



Some of the children at Mary Seat of Wisdom kindergarten and primary school

 This is an orphan boy at the House of Love. He is walking through their garden that is strewn with trash, like most of Uganda.

 That is the girl who treats me like my nephew does - copying and teasing me. She is probably the sweetest kindergartener I have met. They are modeling their new EPG T-shirts that were donated for them.

 This is how they hang their meat, and yes I did eat it. This was at the funeral and I could not say no to a grieving woman happy to cook for a muzungu. I am fine so far, I’ll let you all know.

 This is one of the unfinished classrooms at Mary Seat of Wisdom. My town's VBS and donors from the area have donated enough to cement the floors, put glass in the windows and plaster it.

No comments:

Post a Comment