Sunday, September 22, 2013

Past few weeks in Uganda

Hello everyone sorry about how long it has taken me to get this last post out. The past few weeks I have been back home have been just as much of a learning experience as being in Uganda. When I got back I was greeted by my family, my girlfriend and my best friend, after they realized they were at the wrong terminal! I was sitting on my own, super confused, but just glad to be able to understand all of the language around me. My thoughts on being back in the U.S. are varied. Part of me feels at home, and another part feels like I am wasting my time and talents trying to conform back into a normal life. I have decided to change what I want to major in to philanthropy. I want to be able to make a difference and be a missionary. I will be starting that non-profit and, God willing, that will be my career for the rest of my life. I will need a lot of support, both time and prayers, but I know with Gods help I can make a difference. While I was in Uganda I felt like I was where God needed and wanted me. I just have not had that fulfillment in anything I have done in America since then. I know I will be going back overseas for a more extended mission but I am not 100% sure where. I will be praying about it and I beg you all to pray for me too. The only reason I made it through Uganda was the prayers sent by all of you. I am lucky with the people I am surrounded by and their support, it is so much more than many people get. The culture here is upsetting after Uganda though; while I was there I wanted America and now that I'm back I am not sure if I do. Don't get me wrong our country is amazing and wonderful. Our tolerance of other religions and cultures is amazing. Our want of things we do not need is not wonderful. We feel we are entitled to things that are not necessary, myself included. I am one of the worst about it. Things I think are "necessary" are merely luxuries. The realization that by living a "normal" life I will not touch peoples lives the way I could by a missionary lifestyle, is a scary one. This lifestyle is not supported much by society, it is thought of as a noble idea but not one that can be actually done. People will always recommend a real job or to live a life that is less in Gods hands, and more "realistic".  I will pray for the strength for me, and my family, to accept this lifestyle I have been contemplating. I can do it with the help of God. I need your prayers.

Yours in Christ,
Brian Kearney

2 comments:

  1. May God continue to lead and bless you my friend.....my prayers are for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless and continue what have you've started and we, the family international are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete